Monday, April 6, 2009

Quilts

I actually have some rock stuff to post, the weather hasn't cooperated at all to get a nice sunny day to take pictures. So will try to get some pics of some slabs that were sent to me and some pendants a friend made.

Onto quilts!

I've been practicing a lot here lately. I finally got to sit down and work on some quilt blocks, some small, some big, some horrid. Today my embroidery machine sadly took on some major issues, not sure if it will embroider anymore or not.

This is a rather large block called Grandma's favorite. I found the pattern on about .com It's ok, not sure I like my color choices, but it turned out better than I thought it would.

I think what I love about quilting is how you can take a bunch of squares of materials

and turn them into something like this.

I love this block, I've cut all the squares and rectangles to make some more. Not sure if I'll actually make a quilt or something else, but have to make more of these blocks!

I've also been playing with little blocks and then came up with the idea of making some pin cushions. I plan on taking these to farmer's market in St. James, they are loads of fun to make so hopefully will do well there.

No comments:

Post a Comment