Chicken Breasts - We eat this one a lot.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- ground black pepper to taste
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Place chicken breasts in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Season with ground black pepper to taste. Top each breast with a slice of cheese.
Mix together the soup and milk and pour mixture over chicken. Sprinkle bread crumbs on top and drizzle with melted butter/margarine. Bake covered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown.
And here's a unique potato salad depending on what you are used to. I don't like cold potato salad, I like hot. Here's a German Potato Salad
- 6 potatoes, peeled
- 6 slices bacon
- 3/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinega
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 30 minutes. Drain, cool and slice thin.
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside, reserving drippings.
- Saute onions in bacon drippings until they are golden-brown.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, salt, celery seed, and pepper. Add to the sauteed onions and cook and stir until bubbly, then remove from heat. Stir in water and vinegar, then return to the stove and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for one minute. Carefully stir bacon and sliced potatoes into the vinegar/water mixture, stirring gently until potatoes are heated through.
We love green beans. I do them in chicken broth, or just some butter, salt & pepper. When I have fresh green beans, will just saute them. Here's one I tried tonight.
1 can or package frozen green beans, 1 medium onion, butter salt and pepper, shredded cheese.
Saute the onions in butter, add salt & pepper, then add the green beans. AFter all is heated through, sprinkle some cheddar on there!